“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” Do not treat failure as your last chance. Treat it as an opportunity. Even if it means sacrificing one year of your academic life, it is ok to take that time to breathe and focus completely on your IIT preparations. Most students have the burden of appearing for the 12th board exams as well as the IIT JEE exams at the same time. This tends to put a lot of pressure on them. Promise yourself to work harder, more intelligently and methodically to reach your goals. And the best way to achieve this is to make a proper study plan. Creating a study plan not only helps you become more organized, but it also holds you accountable for your own learning outcomes. By achieving a balanced schedule, your mind will be more receptive. Here are a few tips to help you prepare better for your second attempt:
- Reflect on your first attempt. Go through each and every mistake that you might have made. This will help you to plan your studies in such a way that you can work harder on the topics that you missed before.
- Solve the previous attempt paper with solutions at least two or three times. You can do this after each revision just to give you an idea of how far you have come. It is a way to test yourself.
- Make a list of the tricky questions from the first attempt with solutions for your reference. This will help you to plan your studies by allotting more time and focusing on these tricky topics.
- Start preparing the topics but not in the same order as you did last time. This time try to focus more on the topics which you were weak at or skipped during the first attempt. Try your best to perfect these topics first and then brush up on the topics you are good at.
- Try to acquire a variety of study material, either from previous year’s question papers or from friends and seniors. Take tips and advice from your batch mates. This will help you to expose yourself to different study angles thus helping you to get over any mental blocks.
You must also remember to take a break and let your mind relax from all this rigorous preparation. If you schedule several long hours in a row of studying, you will get discouraged and will be tempted to give up. It is acceptable and even recommended, that you schedule a time for breaks where you can go for a walk or listen to music and allow some time for your brain to reenergize and refresh itself. Effective study is important and not the number of hours spent on studying. Study with the understanding only and not just for the sake of studying. And most importantly have confidence in your own ability. Feel motivated and focused. Keep cool. Don’t panic and don’t get distracted. Avoid exam fever. It is not a matter of life and death. It is just an exam. Take assistance from expert IIT JEE faculty at EduEmpire.