Marine engineering is a study, which deals with the design, development, production, and maintenance of the ship and equipment used at sea, and onboard sea vessels like boats, ships, etc. Marine engineers are people who are responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of all major mechanical equipment on board a ship. You can surely improve academically, and not to forget, the personal skills you’ll get, such as problem-solving, communication, time management, leadership, and good experience
1) Being a marine engineer, you need to monitor and maintain the mechanical systems. Each engineer on board the ship would be allocated specific machinery and systems for maintenance and monitoring purpose. It is the job of a Marine Engineer to look after the machinery on deck.
2) Secondly, records must be properly kept, as the department works as a team to ensure maintenance of all machinery systems. Precise record keeping of various parameters is also carried out for official paperwork and reporting.
3) Marine engineers handle the transfer of fuel oil to the ship from a bunker station or barge. It is often the duty of the 4th engineer, to take the regular soundings of the fuel oil tanks and directly report to the chief engineer for planning bunkering operations.
4) Marine Engineers are also taught how to deal with major maintenance and breakdown of machinery systems at the ocean.
5) Marine engineering subjects give you the right to pick up your specialization subjects. Few of the subjects are
6) You can opt for various jobs and career paths after Marine Engineering. A fresher who has graduated as a marine engineer can join as a trainee in the ship, after the completion of the training; he can also go for Masters in Business Administration and excel in the management field. As a Marine Engineer, you can fulfill the role of Ship Engineer, Port Engineer, Submarine Engineer, Naval combat Engineer, and Marine Equipment specialist.
7) Marine Engineering Salary
If you opt for Marine Engineering course you can be assured a good package, but it also depends on the type of ship one is working on, and definitely on the shipping company and the level of experience. The salary amount can also vary, based on one’s nationality and the country one belongs to.
Eduempire is the best education institution in Pune, Maharashtra. Choosing Marine Engineering in India as a career option is increasing day by day. Eduempire is the only institution who provides counseling for Marine Engineering course in Pune for Ganpat University. Ganpat University offers you the best Marine Engineering course in India; with an intensive and practical syllabus. Contact Eduempire, today, to choose the right career option at a cost-effective price.